Natural hair transplant before and after results can be immediately observed in the person. Hair transplantation is a surgical procedure.
In fact, it aims to solve the problem permanently by applying it to hair loss. Because of male pattern baldness, burns, and accidents. The most positive aspect of this process is the hair continues to grow naturally in the area of hair transplantation.
Hair transplantation helps to solve the problem of regional baldness and hair thinning caused by hair loss.
Hair Transplantation Application Ages
This procedure is useful for healthy men and women between the ages of 20-75. Congenital regional hair loss as a result of the following problems are:
- Androgenetic alopecia, genetically induced baldness.
- Scars from burns or injuries
- Facelift, brain surgery, etc.
- An infection
- Excessive stretching of the hair
Hair Transplantation Process
- Firstly, hair analysis is important to determine the area of transplantation. The number of grafts and new hairline is determination carries big importance to make the hair look natural.
- The scalp must be clean. Special medicines are using to prevent the development of infection for cleaning.
- The area of graft collection is anesthetizing with local or sedation anesthesia.
- Donor area grafts are collecting in a special solution.
- The recipient area is anesthetizing and the channels are opening.
- Grafts are placing in open channels.
There are 2 basic methods are using in hair collection from the donor area:
- Follicular unit transplantation
- Follicular unit extraction
Natural Hair Transplant Before and After FUT Method
In the FUT method, hair follicles are removing from the donor area in strips. After that, the grafts in these strips are separating. Then these grafts are planting in the channels of the recipient area. The application of this technique is as follows:
A rectangular piece of skin with an average length of 15-35 cm and a width of 1-2 cm is cut and removed from the neck and lateral areas of the head. The amount of strip varies according to the number of collected hair follicles.
After the harvesting process, the area is covering with aesthetic stitches and a bandage is using to cover this area.
Finally, after the anesthetization, channels in the size of a needle head are opening. Grafts are removing with an exceedingly small microblade. After that process, hair follicles are placing in the canals.
Natural Hair Transplant Before and After FUE Method
FUE method is mostly preferred because it gives a faster and higher quality result in fact. Also, it is a painless procedure. It does not leave a significant scar. However, some precautions should be taken for the success of this method.
In the FUE method, the hair is collected from the donor area one by one and transplanted into the channels opened in the recipient area. It is as follows;
- Usually, the whole head is shaved.
- A special punching tool called a punch (Its tip looks like a pen) is using under local anesthesia to directly take the hair grafts one by one,
- In the classical FUE method, punch is using manually, and the grafts are collecting with tweezers.
- The grafts are placing in small channels on the scalp with the lateral slit technique. The lateral slit technique is the process of directing the canals according to the size and shape of the graft.
- It is the most preferred method of hair transplantation as a large number of hair follicles are taken and placed in opened channels without creating a scar. It is a seamless technique.
In this kind of FUE method, to remove hair follicles, punches are placing in the electric micromotor actually. It is positioning according to the direction of the hair. Utilizing punches, the surrounding of the root is loosened by cutting in a cylindrical shape.
In this method, hair follicles are harvesting in Sapphire FUE. Additionally, real sapphire tips are using in this method. This tool opens the channels in micro dimensions. This tool is providing minimum crusting of wounds and accelerating the healing process.
Natural Hair Transplant Before and After Robotic FUE Method
This medical device controlled by a doctor is a computer-aided system. The special ends of this device create circular areas around the hair follicles, collecting them one by one in the inner chamber. Robotic FUE micro incisions help to collect more grafts without damage. It can only be applied to people with black or brown straight hair.
In this FUE method, after the hair transplantation process, the patient is taking to a room for hyperbaric oxygen treatment. Oxygen therapy is applying to the patient at regular intervals to help hair follicles heal faster.
Laser FUE is the opening of the channels in the hair transplantation area with a low-intensity laser beam. The laser evaporates the tissues and creates 1-1.3 mm channels. Thus, blood circulation under the skin increases, and the chance of hair follicles to adapt increases. Since blood vessels coagulate during transplantation, bleeding does not develop.
In fact, laser FUE is not a widely used method and the experts in this field have different opinions about the results to be obtained. The main criticism is that as the laser beam will burn and damage blood vessels, blood circulation will not increase as claimed and the chance of hair follicles to adapt will below.
DHI Hair Transplant
For this method, a sharp-pointed tool that looks like a pen and known as the Choi needle is using. The hair follicles collecting from the donor area. After that, these are placing in the chamber inside the device and transplanting directly with special tips without making any holes actually.
In a conclusion, the patient needs to make a collaborative decision with the doctors before and after the natural hair transplantation. In this way, the healthy and natural-looking hairline can form, and the results can be positive.