Does Laser Hair Transplant Work? Lasers create great expectations for not only physicians but also patients. Laser hair transplant works for people who have receding hair or a general thinning of hair, and it is becoming more popular among these patients day by day. Most people lose between 50 and 100 hairs every day, and it is normal because most of them will grow back after a while. On the other side, some factors may cause the hair not to regrow. For example, people’s age, medical conditions, hormonal changes, nutritional deficiency, such as vitamin D, folic acid, or B12, more stress, or genetic factors.
Treatments to stop hair shedding are;
- Medications and pills, such as Minoxidil and Finasteride.
- Hair transplant surgery; Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) and Follicular Unit Extractions (FUE).
- Laser hair transplant, or also known laser therapy.
These treatments methods create advantages and disadvantages from each other. Medication is the most commonly used treatment method, but the effect can be less than others. Hair transplant operation is most popular more than ever nowadays. The procedure is performed using small tools by advanced technology. Now, the surgeon can use a laser in this procedure. It is a high technological treatment method of hair shedding. It offers permanent and great-looking results like other transplant methods.
What is a laser hair transplant?
A laser hair transplant is a non-surgical procedure to regrow the patients’ hair. It provides significant results for both women and men. The process is performed with a high technological device that produces a soft and low light. The laser light penetrates the cells and tissues of the scalp and stimulates them. The process prevents the DHT hormone; DHT is the main hormone of hair loss. Besides, red laser lights more stimulate the blood flow to the tissue. The red color between 670 and 630nm wavelengths provides optimal frequency to restart the new hair growth cycle.
In a laser hair transplant, also known as laser hair therapy, the lasers create the holes for recipient sites on the head. It is not true that a laser transplant is a painless procedure. It creates a hole by vaporising tissue and doesn’t damage to surrounding tissues. However, when local anaesthesia hasn’t applied, the surgery will be too painful. For this reason, completely numbing the operational area is highly essential for the patients. Like other surgeries, if a hair transplant procedure isn’t be performed successfully; as a result, hair shedding will continue in the following years. Besides, the patients may have scarring or poor recovery process.
Hair shedding is commonly seen at the top of the head. These follicles never regrow, but talented surgeons extract hair follicles from the donor part of the head and then transplanted them into the hairless part. Unfortunately, sometimes hair donors cannot adapt to their new places. Do not be upset. At this point, laser hair transplant gets involve. According to clinical studies, the person can reach maximum efficiency with this type of hair transplant.
Here are some advantages and disadvantages of laser hair transplant;
- Before and after surgery, the chance of survival of hair follicles will increase more than ever.
- It provides prepared the scalp for the surgery.
- Some patients may experience swelling, redness, or inflammation after the surgery, but they can be reduced by laser hair transplant.
- The blood flow on the scalp will increase.
- Scalp inflammation after the surgery will decrease.
- The metabolism of the cells will stimulate.
- DHT hormone will be restricted.
- There will not be any side effects.
- The treatments solve issues on the scalp, such as dandruff.
- Neither large slits nor punches are not needed to accept the donor grafts.
- Many patients may not prefer the FUE or FUT methods because of apprehensive of going under the needle.
- It is expensive: Like other laser treatments, laser hair transplant is more costly than other methods in hair restoration, such as the FUE and FUT.
- Long-term safety and effectiveness have not been proven yet: Hair restoration by laser lights has not yet gained wide currency. It is a new development in hair shedding treatment.
- Effectiveness: The procedures may provide less effective for people in the last stages of hair shedding than people in the early stages.
- The treatment may interact with certain medications you use: Laser hair transplant should not be performed on people taking medications that photosensitising.
- Using laser is limited on the scalp because the beam may lead to damage to any adjacent follicles, and it is also limited because there should be significant space between the previous grafts and new grafts.
- Laser technology needs to be handled very carefully; if not, bad results will become unavoidable.
Laser hair therapy or laser hair transplant is one of the high ends in the hair restoration process. It is a non-surgical process to gain healthy hair using laser lights in both women and men—besides the laser hair transplant work treating scalp issues.
Laser technology by highly-advanced needs to be used very carefully. Doctors should know what they are doing and use their skills effectively. If the patients have any doubts about the procedure, they can give up because it is an optional operation for people who suffer from baldness and hair loss problems.
Laser Hair Transplant Method
However, hair transplantation by using laser can offer to meet the patients’ high expectations. The procedure will be more commonly used in the future for people from all strata. Like other treatments, some tests need to be performed to determine whether you are the right candidate. Your doctor can help you make a good decision to have a laser hair transplant. In this method, strength laser equipment treats hair shedding in both men and women. Besides, the technique can be used in not only male pattern baldness but also alopecia. Laser lights on a low level help the patients’ new hair growth and protect existing hair by increasing blood flow to the scalp. Laser treatments in hair loss will become more valuable among patients in the future.